1. I started my coaching business last week and have four clients and a couple of potentials at this point. I ran with one client Tuesday (and then ran my own miles), ran with another client Wednesday morning, and then ran with a small group at the track with my coaching mentor. I learned a few things from this:
- When I get really busy, I forget to eat. I also skimp on sleeping. Not a good combination.
- Mile and a half repeats are hard, even if you are running at a slower runner’s pace.
- Taking 6 weeks off for healing didn’t destroy my endurance, but it killed what little speed I had before.
- My achilles seems to be handling all this time on my feet. Probably helps that I’m not running any truly fast miles.
- I have a LOT to learn.
2. I also started working for a friend to help him figure out some invoicing software. Can I just tell you how much I love this? It totally uses the skills I developed once upon a time when I had a “real”job and I love having to analyze and trouble shoot things again. Right now I’m getting paid to run and to think. Could a girl ask for more?
3. I’m still trying to figure out which certification to get, but I’ve decided to start getting some smaller classes in. I just signed up for a “Training the Pregnant and Postnatal Client” class with Annette Lang. I’m really looking forward to learning more. After I got my masters degree, I said I’d never go back to school. Now I’m actually looking forward to the learning opportunities ahead of me!
3a. ;o) I have a post up about “green” fitness over at the Metro DC Mom blog. I’d love it if you’d stop by there and give me any thoughts you have on the topic. Also, we have our first giveaway going on!
14 thoughts on “Three Things Thursday: The crazy busy edition”
Sounds like someone is going to be really busy! Eat and sleep………
Ok, I've never understood how someone can "forget" to eat! I need some of that in my life right now!You're off to a great start with the coaching–keep it up.
Busy, busy! I love it, though, as it sounds like all is going well for you. I'm so excited for you, with your new coaching business, complete with your first clients! So awesome! Now…go eat something. Have a great day!
i forget to eat when i'm really busy too – then once i realize it i pig outttt on bad foods… although, i haven't been super busy in awhile, so i've been eating plenty (you can tell by looking at me haha)
It's awesome that you have four clients already!When I get busy I forget to eat, too. My husband always makes sure to remind me when he's around though, because if my blood sugar gets too low I turn into a cranky beast!
Sounds like the year is off to a great start.
Great start with your coaching!! Congrats! I'm with Amanda – how do you "forget" to eat? 😉
sounds like things are taking off for you in 2011! just remember that you've gotta look out for yourself. you're going to be a great coach!
Glad the achilles is holding up and YAY for running with clients!Just don't fprget your nutrition and sleep… with your schedule, you can't afford to end up sick.
sounds like the business is off to a great start 🙂
love that you have clients …wahoooo
Congrats on being the good kind of crazy busy!
Great job juggling everything!
Congrats on all the wonderful stuff you have got going on. I'm glad the tendonitis is not giving you any grief!