1. I started my coaching business last week and have four clients and a couple of potentials at this point. I ran with one client Tuesday (and then ran my own miles), ran with another client Wednesday morning, and then ran with a small group at the track with my coaching mentor. I learned a few things from this:
- When I get really busy, I forget to eat. I also skimp on sleeping. Not a good combination.
- Mile and a half repeats are hard, even if you are running at a slower runner’s pace.
- Taking 6 weeks off for healing didn’t destroy my endurance, but it killed what little speed I had before.
- My achilles seems to be handling all this time on my feet. Probably helps that I’m not running any truly fast miles.
- I have a LOT to learn.
2. I also started working for a friend to help him figure out some invoicing software. Can I just tell you how much I love this? It totally uses the skills I developed once upon a time when I had a “real”job and I love having to analyze and trouble shoot things again. Right now I’m getting paid to run and to think. Could a girl ask for more?
3. I’m still trying to figure out which certification to get, but I’ve decided to start getting some smaller classes in. I just signed up for a “Training the Pregnant and Postnatal Client” class with Annette Lang. I’m really looking forward to learning more. After I got my masters degree, I said I’d never go back to school. Now I’m actually looking forward to the learning opportunities ahead of me!
3a. ;o) I have a post up about “green” fitness over at the Metro DC Mom blog. I’d love it if you’d stop by there and give me any thoughts you have on the topic. Also, we have our first giveaway going on!