- Give blood a few days beforehand.
- Drink nothing but beer the night before (and a bit too much of that).
- Drink nothing but coffee that moring.
- Eat breakfast RIGHT before going out (thereby guaranteeing you’ll alternate between feeling like there is a bowling ball in your tummy and feeling like you might need to stop at one of the portapotties at the construction sites.)
- Dress too warmly (note to self: mid-calf capris and heavy long sleeve shirt are too much for 50 degrees and sunny.)
Ok, I actually would not recommend the above. I managed to run my 6 miles exactly on pace for my slow pace, but they did not feel like an easy paced run. Tomorrow morning I’ll be hanging out at my favorite running store and then hopefully I’ll get in another 6-8 miles in the afternoon.
Now I need to go take a nap…