I had to miss out on Ragnar DC this year due to an overloaded schedule, but “my” team rocked the heck out of Ragnar DC and came in second in the all women category. Obviously, moms make the best Ragnar teammates!
- Sleep deprivation doesn’t scare them – Ragnar has nothing on a cranky newborn.
- They’ve learned how to sleep anywhere and in any position.
- Moms can go from dead asleep to running in minutes.
- Showering is a luxury and they are used to putting clean clothes on a body that’s not.
- Moms carry baby wipes with them wherever they go.
- Moms can park a minivan in a spot that’s only two inches bigger than the car.
- Snacks. Moms never leave home without them.
- Moms are used to having no personal space and no privacy for bodily functions.
- It takes a village to raise a baby and a team to run a Ragnar Relay. Moms get that.
- Moms are so excited by a night away from the kids that a run in the dark in the rain and cold sounds like a vacation.
[Tweet “Looking to run @ragnarrelay? Make sure to add a mom to your team.”]