- I’ve been much more aware of what I’m eating. Fruits and vegetables are starting to remake an appearance on my plate.
- I’m running on some what of a schedule and I’m hitting the gym a few other days a week.
- Mother Nature has been apologizing for October by giving us an absolutely beautiful November. Temps in the 60s? I’ll take ’em!
- Soup season is starting and I have tons of recipes for healthy soup. Plus, since most of them are not cream or cheese based, they are really filling without too many calories.
- Just because I’m more aware of my eating does not mean I’m actually eating well. A few too many Kit Kats made it to my mouth this week. Luckily they are all gone now. Self control? I don’t have it.
- While my runs have been mostly pain free, I’ve been moving somewhere between the speed of molasses and the speed of a glacier. And it feels like my legs are made of lead.
- My Honda civic is now in the shop because it was having trouble going into third gear. Could I go one week without something in my house/car breaking? (Not food/fitness related, but OMG the stress of dealing with unexpected expenses is killing me!)
- Both boys have strep related illnesses. I’m turning into a major hypochondriac while I wait to come down with some version myself.
- The boys only had three days of school this week and Shoo was out of school for one of them. I love spending time with my kids, but I’m completely discombobulated this week.
At least today is our Friday. We have three days to hunker down and get everyone healthy again. Maybe we’ll even be healthy enough to enjoy the weekend.
14 thoughts on “TTT: the good, the bad, and the ugly”
I've been loving this weather. I wish it'd stay like this all winter!
i was just thinking…i'm aware of what i'm eating as well, and it isn't good!!Best wishes getting your kids healthy.
Unexpected expenses SUCK!!! I can't even imagine how that goes with two kids! Glad running pain free..slow and steady and pain free is not a bad way to start off. Stay healthy and Happy Friday!
The weather has been fabulous here too! I'm looking forward to your soup recipes. You are going to share right?Have a great long weekend!
I don't have any self control when it comes to chocolate. I'm so ready for the halloween candy to be gone! But, we have 3 more bags….ugh! Maybe I should get my husband to hide it?
Boo on Philly. Sorry you won't make it either.Hope the kids feel better and don't pass any germs on to you!
What's faster? Molasses or a glacier? I am thinking molasses but a glacier definitely has more endurance.
Yikes, I hope the boys are better soon and that you don't catch it! UGH to the car trouble. I hear you on all of those unexpected expenses. :S On a happy note, yay for a good routine, healthy eating, some great weather and RUNNING!
Oh yeah… strep is UGLY. Hope everyone recovers and is feeling great asap. And don't worry about the molasses….your speed will come back. 🙂
Sorry the kiddos have been sick! Kit Kats?? I love'em too . . . . I made my hubby take about 98% of the halloween candy to his office for others to consume. I have no self control either.
I've had the same luck with electrical appliances lately – our PVR, electric mixer and my computer have all had to go.Good job on cleaning up the diet. I'm sure you'll see a result from that soon.
Uggh sorry about your kids being sick. Hopefully the long weekend will help!Yeah I have no self-control either – my downfall has been the Snickers bars. I need them out of my house now!
aww poor little one's. good excuse to make soup that you can eat too :)yes candy in our house has a short life, so I have to keep it out
Aww poor boys! Hope they feel better soon!