1. Whenever Beer Geek travels for work, I don’t make any effort to clean up behind the kids after they go to bed. I figure if someone breaks in, they’ll likely hurt themselves tripping over all the crap my kids leave on the floor. Or at least make a hell of a lot of noise.
2. I’ve lost a couple of pounds in the past couple of weeks. Sadly not a single millimeter came off my thighs. While I’m happy that my “muffin top” is completely gone, I feel like one of those dolls with a ball gown for a bottom. Except my thighs = the ballgown, sigh.
3. Yesterday I ran 5.2 miles completely barefoot on the treadmill. Not only was this a distance record for me, but my feet didn’t hurt at all afterwords. Usually the bottoms feel a bit roughed up for a day or two, but not this time. Win!
4. I haven’t had a haircut since August. I’m getting one next week and I’m so tempted to cut it really short again. The reason I won’t? Cub Scout camp. If I can only wash my hair once in 7 days, I need to be able to put it in a bun away from my face.
5. Did I mention that I get to go to Cub Scout camp this summer? Yeah. 7 days. No phone. No internet. Lots of stinky, loud 4th grade boys. Did I also mention no alcohol?
6. I shut a door on my thumb and pointer finger of my right hand this weekend. I never realized just how important those fingers were for day to day life.
7. Today it was cold enough I had to turn on the heater in the bathroom in order to shower. I’m also considering turning on the heat in the house. Last week we used the air conditioner. I’m so over these huge temperature swings.
8. Thanks to a warm winter, I already have a shorts tan line on my legs. The sad part is that if you were to see just the tan part, you’d say I look like Casper. The untanned part practically glows in the dark.
9. I love that I can read books on my phone, but I’ve discovered I’m even worse about putting books down than I used to be. Two nights of staying up past midnight = stupid tired.
10. I need more coffee. Now.