1. Whenever Beer Geek travels for work, I don’t make any effort to clean up behind the kids after they go to bed. I figure if someone breaks in, they’ll likely hurt themselves tripping over all the crap my kids leave on the floor. Or at least make a hell of a lot of noise.
2. I’ve lost a couple of pounds in the past couple of weeks. Sadly not a single millimeter came off my thighs. While I’m happy that my “muffin top” is completely gone, I feel like one of those dolls with a ball gown for a bottom. Except my thighs = the ballgown, sigh.
3. Yesterday I ran 5.2 miles completely barefoot on the treadmill. Not only was this a distance record for me, but my feet didn’t hurt at all afterwords. Usually the bottoms feel a bit roughed up for a day or two, but not this time. Win!
4. I haven’t had a haircut since August. I’m getting one next week and I’m so tempted to cut it really short again. The reason I won’t? Cub Scout camp. If I can only wash my hair once in 7 days, I need to be able to put it in a bun away from my face.
5. Did I mention that I get to go to Cub Scout camp this summer? Yeah. 7 days. No phone. No internet. Lots of stinky, loud 4th grade boys. Did I also mention no alcohol?
6. I shut a door on my thumb and pointer finger of my right hand this weekend. I never realized just how important those fingers were for day to day life.
7. Today it was cold enough I had to turn on the heater in the bathroom in order to shower. I’m also considering turning on the heat in the house. Last week we used the air conditioner. I’m so over these huge temperature swings.
8. Thanks to a warm winter, I already have a shorts tan line on my legs. The sad part is that if you were to see just the tan part, you’d say I look like Casper. The untanned part practically glows in the dark.
9. I love that I can read books on my phone, but I’ve discovered I’m even worse about putting books down than I used to be. Two nights of staying up past midnight = stupid tired.
10. I need more coffee. Now.
10 thoughts on “Tuesday Thoughts”
I cut my hair about once a year, when it starts to be too long to get untangled after a swim. I’m a mess.
Also, I’m starting to get my tan lines back too, but still also look like a ghost.
When Trav is away I am on my Kindle all night. I have way to many reading devices right now.
And the cold weather, 20 degrees here this am, stinks. I did put the heat on.
I would keep my hair long for cub scout camp too! I am not a camper, so I am NOT looking forward to camps with my sons. My oldest LOVES cub scouts!
Ugh, what a day/week! Cub Scouts for an entire week sounds like torture, I mean adventure. You are a brave woman!
Well done on those pounds that are now history. Pity we can’t choose where they come from – mine would be that little pouch below my belly button.
I’m the same with my books. I read until my eyes are shutting and I’m making up words on the page. But reading is as important as eating isn’t it?
Fun thoughts. I can relate to so many of them. Good for you on #2! My favorite might be the first though. Since I couldn’t post on your about me page I think I’ll say here that I started running for the same reason. It was less about the weight (although that is still a goal) and more about how I was emotionally after my baby came. She is indeed a welcome addition to our home but I needed that time. I think I’ll post about that on my website, http://www.runtolose.net. I’ve mentioned it but not with the detail I now feel it deserves. Thanks for the inspiration. Seriously.
I so so so stupid tired (may I borrow that?) from reading last night too!!
I’ve lost ~23 lbs since I restarted my weight loss effort last fall. It’s amazing how much better I look in my clothes. I had a serious muffin top happening. Not any more!
I think you are so brave for going on a week-long “unplugged” camping trip. You could always sneak some booze in with a small, flexible flask…I got mine from Hide Your Booze dot com. 🙂
I caved in and turned on my furnace Monday morning for the first time in two weeks. It’s turned off again today (high of 65).
I only cut my hair about once a year. Actually I just cut it and it’s annoying me because I CAN’T put it up and so it’s in my face/on my neck. Arrgh.
Good job on the lb loss! Hurray for the banishment of the muffin top. Don’t worry about the thighs. They are your running machines!
personally i think creamy/milky (non-tan) skin is gorgeous! cub scout camp does not sound like a good time to me, haha. i need the comforts of life…