Yesterday, I implemented “The Plan”. I went to the gym and spent 75 minutes on the elliptical and 45 minutes on the stationary bike. Neither seemed to aggravate my calf. Win!
Somewhere during the first hour, Happy showed up. I could practically feel the stress melting off of me. It was a good feeling.
Some things I learned this week (some of these lessons I thought I’d learned before LOL):
- Running isn’t the only exercise that helps stabilize my moods.
- I’m a much better mom/wife/employee when I’m exercising.
- It’s easier to read on the elliptical than on the treadmill.
- The stationary bike is the most boring invention ever.
- I can send work emails while on the stationary bike.
- I had to look up stationary to check my spelling. I had it wrong.
- If I survive the 5 in 5, I will likely never run more than 40 miles in a week again.
- I will probably forget that, so be prepared to remind me.
- The people at the gym at 10:00am on a weekday are, umm, unusual. Or retired. Or both.
Today I’ll see my chiropractor again. My calf is still sore, but I could walk normally when I woke up this morning. This is a huge improvement. I imagine I won’t be running for at least a week yet, but I’m hopeful that I can make a full recovery before the races.
Happy Friday! What plans to YOU have this weekend? (I’ll be hanging out at the Mad Fox Barleywine festival for at least some part of mine. Yay!)