2018 is here and I still feel like much of my life is in flux. While I am not a Type A personality, I do like to have my life somewhat planned and be in control of the things around me. That doesn’t seem to be how life is going to work for now, so my big scary goal relates to that.
My big scary goal for the year:
Take each day as it comes. Roll with the punches and keep on moving forward with a smile on my face.
I do, of course, have a loose framework for our year, but I usually like to set SMART goals and I’m going for a much more relaxed plan this year.
- Continue running injury free. That’s it. I’m sure I’ll run a few half marathons and I still plan to run MCM again this year, but I need to get back to the joy of running again. I may hit a new state or two. I may not. I may even race in a new country (see below), but that will just be a bonus rather than a goal.
- Continue following the Faster Way to Fat Loss program. (affiliate link) I love this program. I like the variety – it’s keeping me interested and my body challenged. I just signed up for a second round to help me fully internalize what I’ve learned.
- Blog when I have something to say. Seems like a no-brainer, right?
- Sub once a month at the local public library. It’s a fun gig and I enjoy keeping my skills up, so I’ll try to grab a shift when they come available.
- Have fun with my new job with ZOOMA. I’ve been working with the Director of Events, providing assistance with the ZOOMA Texas race and the online challenges. My “duties” are pretty varied but a ton of fun. As the other races come closer, I’ll be more involved with those as well. There’s a good chance that if you run one of the races, you’ll see me there. (And as a reminder, HAPPYHOLIDAYS will get you 15% off the Texas race through 1/2/2018. My code ERIKA2017 will still get you 10% off of any race. Also, ambassador applications are still open! Click here to apply! )
- Take a huge trip with our boys. We are planning to take the boys to Australia and New Zealand this year. Beer Geek and I went to Australia 20 years ago and I’ve always wanted to go back. We are in a sweet spot right now where the boys are old enough for major travel, but haven’t yet left for college, so we’ve decided that this is the time to do it. As you can imagine, this is impacting every other travel plan for the year. (Wonder if I’ll be able to convince the boys to go spelunking with me…)
I do plan to continue to simplify and organize my life. Very little “stuff” came into the house at Christmas this year and more “stuff” will continue to leave the house. I am a loyal user of my bullet journal now – although I need to change the format a bit for 2018. And I’m excited for my adventures as an ambassador for some amazing companies, including getting invited to be a part of Altra’s new Red Team.