I know you want to know more about me. After all, isn’t blogging all about me, me, me? (Ok, maybe there’s a bit more to it than that…)
But today, I’m joining in with three local gals (who are all Zooma Annapolis ambassadors with me) to talk about myself. ;o)
1. I consider myself a Wisconsin girl and I consider Wisconsin home. But here’s the deal: I was born there and spent the first two years of my life there. I haven’t lived there since. In fact, except for a short 1.5 year jaunt to grad school, I’ve lived in Virginia since I was 15. Doesn’t matter, I’m still a Wisconsin girl at heart.
2. Shoo was born upstairs in our bedroom. Yes, this was by choice. Yes, it was the most amazing and empowering experience of my life. He gets a kick out of the responses he gets at the beginning of each school year when they do all the getting to know you stuff.
3. I’ve been to all 50 states, most of them several times. I’ve also lived in 9 different states, 8 of them before I hit 16. Now I’ve run a race in 26 states.
4. I ran my first race in March, 2007. It was an 8K and I died in the last mile because I’d never run more than 4 miles in a row. (Metric conversion FAIL.) A year and a half later, I ran the Marine Corps Marathon.
5. This weekend, I have my first shift on the reference desk at the public library. I have worked for a University, a law firm, a government agency, and a research think tank. I am completely comfortable doing in-depth business or legal research. I can write up my finding and analyze statistics for economists, lawyers, and academics. I have no idea what to expect from the average person who asks for help in a public library. I will definitely be stepping outside my comfort zone…