I’ve had a couple of occasions recently to need a picture of me. Not of my family. Not of me with my fun runner buddies. Me. Just me.
I don’t have one. Or, to be more accurate, I don’t have one I like.
If you too want to have no pictures that you can provide that actually make you look attractive, follow the tips below. Or perhaps do the opposite and actually have a picture to be proud of.
1. Never take off your sunglasses. Be wearing them on your face or your head at all times.
2. Look into the sun and/or make sure you have a hat on so that you are either squinting or your eyes are shaded.
3. Take only selfies. Never hand your camera to someone else to take a picture. Along those same lines, never use a decent camera. (I know some smart phones have good cameras now. Mine is not one of them.) Also make sure the background is uninspiring at best, ugly at worst.
4. Make sure your “props” are such attractive things as garbage bags, winter hats, or wet hair. Or perhaps don’t even include your face in the picture. Truly adds to the ambiance.
5. Always have a beer in your hand or something beer related nearby. What? A beer is a good thing! Ok, so maybe you don’t want your picture for the PTA board to include beer…
What do you do in all your pictures to make sure they aren’t worth sharing???
Have a happy weekend. I have a 20K “race” (not planning to race it) where I’ll be running for Meg. Then we are having some people over for our annual tasting of holiday beers. I’m pretty happy that Monday is a holiday and I can sleep in and chill out…
7 thoughts on “How not to have a decent picture of yourself…”
LOL this was a funny post. I have been guilty of lots of those!! Monday is a holiday for me too! I can’t WAIT for the 3 day weekend. Enjoy!
I can’t even tell you how many times we have gotten back from a vacation or something big and there are zero pictures of me because I have the camera – last summer I made a bit of an effort to try to change that in the hopes of getting a decent picture but….
Have fun at the beer tasting!!
Most of my photos are pretty shocking. Luckily, though I was a bridesmaid last year and had professional hair and make up done. Resulted in much nicer pictures. They will be used until I’m really old and grey.
Hilarious! Photos of myself that I like are few and far between. Is it even possible to take a decent selfie with short arms? I’m thinking no!
I definitely have a problem with taking photos with sunglasses or squinting into the sun!
Hahahaha! I’m so guilty of all of these, except the beer. I’m usually hiding a shot of tequilla!
I guess I’m fortunate in the fact that I don’t even have to try to get horrible photos of myself! lol!