As I mentioned earlier this week, I have been doing everything I can to find my run love. (I felt teeny tiny flashes this week!) One of the things that helps make me want to run is to wear cute clothing. I know, totally shallow, but if it works, I’ll take it. So, when Skirt Sports offered to send me a Vixen Capri Skirt to try, I was all over it.
I’ll admit, I’m a Skirt Sports fan. Their Happy Girl Skirt is my go to skirt for races and I can wear it about 8-9 months out of the year in Virginia. I’ve even been known to throw a pair of capris or running tights on with them to wear a skirt in a winter race. In fact, if you saw me at the half marathon this past weekend, I was wearing a Happy Girl Skirt with a pair of capris. But that’s kind of inconvenient (it’s hard to get to the pockets), so I was excited to try the Vixen Capri.
I mean, really, can you beat this cuteness? Cool pattern, cute ruffles, angled cut. I wanted.
Long story short: I loved, I didn’t, then I loved again. Now I want them to make more patterns.
Things I loved:
- I LOVE the Soiree print. (Not available in the Happy Girl skirt.)
- It’s just darn cute. The ruffles make me feel young and flirty.
- The waistband is wide and flat and hold’s my “Jennifer Garner baby bump” securely without causing a muffin top.
- A drawstring in the waistband that allows you to tighten the waist.
- Pockets on each thigh.
- Super lightweight capris – enough to keep you warm, but not feel heavy when you are good and sweaty as you run.
- Did I mention I felt cute in it?
What didn’t wow me:
- The line of the skirt hit me right across the biggest part of my booty.
- No zipper pocket – I kept patting my thigh to check for my key.
- Pocket placement was a little high
- I felt a little exposed because the skirt was so short (never mind that there are capris under the skirt LOL)
When I first put this on, I didn’t really like the way the skirt felt. The seam for the ruffles was across my rear and the capris were so lightweight that I felt like I was hanging out for the world to see. I was like “uh uh, no way.” But then I looked in the mirror and realized it actually looked cute and it completely covered me. It was all in my perception. So, I took them out for a run. And I LOVED them on the run. Light and comfy and just the right amount of coverage.
I might still be that girl, tugging on the skirt because I feel like I need more coverage, but I’ll look darn cute while I’m doing it!
Disclaimer: Skirt Sports gave me the skirt to review. All opinions are my own. Post contains affiliate links.)
11 thoughts on “Lookin’ cute on the run”
this NONRUNNER loves all all all all things SKirt SPortS!!
(lol at my laptops random caps. it made me giggle so Im not fixing)
That’s the cutest running skirt I’ve ever seen. Wow! I love the purple and white abstract designs.
it is cute! i have been weary of the capri skirt combo but it is growing on me.
looks cute. If only they didn’t cost so much.
That is really cute! I’d probably be doing the same thing with tugging down the skirt though 🙂
Love it – super cute!!
Looks cute on you! Brings out the girly side. You know I love my skirtsports but have not tried the capri/skirt combo
I’ve been eyeing those…cute but wasn’t sure how I would feel about the skirt too!
It bothers me when I’m just hanging out in it, but it’s totally fine when I’m running. You’d look adorable in it.
That’s cute and I love that it has capris under it!
It really doesn’t look too short. It’s very cute on you.