I like surprises. Ok, let me rephrase that. I like to be surprised by good things. (Finding out how expensive the little scrape on my new car is going to be? Not a good surprise.)
POPSUGAR offering to send me their June Must Have Box? That’s definitely a good surprise!
So, what is the “Must Have Box”? It’s a box of goodies that you can get each month with POPSUGAR’s selection of awesome things. It’s a fun combination of beauty, food, fitness, and home products. Items are full-sized and shipping is included in the $39.95 monthly charge. (Cost is less if you get a subscription for more than a month, but there are no options to “pause” a subscription.)
The June box did not disappoint! Here are the cool items that were included (in order of how excited I am about them LOL):
1) The One & Only – The hardcover lists for $28 USD (but we all know no one actually pays that). Written by New York Times bestselling author Emily Giffin, this looks to be a “fluff” read. Perfect! I like escapist reading when life is a little stressful.
2) Basic Breeze beach towel – This retails for $32 USD. This towel, made by turkish-t, is made from the softest Turkish cotton. It’s super versatile: it can be used as a towel, a scarf, a shawl. In addition, it’s really lightweight so it can be shoved in a small beach bag. The color we were sent is a color I absolutely love too. Bonus!
3) You Smell Soap Smell Like a Lemon Wet Wipes – This retails for $5 USD. This package of 12 wipes from You Smell Soap is scented like lemon and contains no alcohol. These will definitely be going with us to Ireland. We fly all night and then have a 4 hour drive once we get there. Also, after I run my half marathon, I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to shower before we drive to our next location, so these might convince Beer Geek to let me ride in the car instead of on the roof. ;o)
4) Sachajuan Shiny Citrus Body Lotion – This retails for $24 USD. I love the feel of this lotion. It was hydrating without being greasy. However, I found the fragrance a little strong. It was a pleasant fragrance, just too much for me. (Just for the record, I don’t wear perfume and I choose “free” or unscented whenever I have that option. I’m apparently really sensitive to fragrance.)
5) Hawaiian BBQ chips from One Potato Two Potato – This retails for around $2 USD per bag. I’m pretty sure I won’t get to eat these. There are three people in this house who are likely to snag them before I get to them. Too bad ’cause I love kettle chips and these are made with all-natural ingredients.
6) Lollies Hair Ties – These retail for $8 USD. These are sooo cute. Too bad I cut my hair too short to use them and I don’t have daughters LOL. I’m sure I can find a worthy friend to pass these on to.
7) $15 Gift Card to Native Union – Native Union provides tech accessories for several of the items I own, but I’m kind of “meh” on this. I’m trying to be frugal right now as we prepare for our trip to Ireland, so spending money on these kind of items is not going to happen here. I will likely pass this on to one of my friends.
Total value of this box: ~$100 USD, not including the coupon.
Total cost of the box: $39.95.
You save around $60 off of retail price. (You still save, even if you compare it to buying the book on Amazon.)
So, would I get a POPSUGAR Must Have Box if I was buying it? Maybe. It’s definitely a savings and I really like enough of the items in the box that it’s worth the $39.95. Unfortunately, it’s the kind of thing that has to get cut when I’m trying to save money for other things. (And if I were going to do it, I’d probably do the 3 month option. Just sayin’)
Want to try it? If you would like to sign up for your own POPSUGAR Must Have Box, you can save $10 on a 3-month subscription by using the code JUNESELECT10 (expires 6/30/14).
POPSUGAR provided me with a complimentary POPSUGAR Must Have box. The opinions I have shared about the box are my own and POPSUGAR did not tell me what to say or how to say it.