Today’s topic for Tuesdays on the Run is Best/Worst Race photos. I am the queen of bad race photos. I apparently run most of my races with my eyes closed and my feet never leaving the ground. But I do have a few pictures that are so bad that they are good and a few that I love. Before I share those though, I have to share a bit about my weekend.
Somehow, in my whole “let me just go with the flow” plan for the year, I did not pay close attention when I started saying yes to things. You know what happens when you do that? You end up with two volunteer gigs and a race in the same weekend. Yep.
Saturday started off with a 2am alarm. I was quickly out the door to get to the North Face Endurance Challenge by 3:30am. I spent the next 4 hours greeting everyone who was running the 50 miler, the 50K, and the marathon and pointing them in the right direction down a muddy path to the start line. Bonus: I got to meet Mirna from Fat Girl Running and Latoya from Running Fat Chef. I don’t think I went too fangirl on them. Such lovely ladies at stupid early in the morning and I think they both had a nice race.
As soon as I finished there, I raced home, grabbed a couple of hours of sleep, and then dragged Shoo to help me volunteer at a Beer Relay with my Ragnar buddies. Our transition had the challenge of getting a cookie from your forehead to you mouth without using hands or getting help. Needless to say, it was a highly amusing time.
Sunday morning I got up at 4am to meet up with MRTT friends before the Women’s National Half Marathon. If I were going to be totally honest, I seriously considered not running. I’ll write a race report soon, but here’s a spoiler: I had an amazing race and it was my fastest race in 4 years and my fifth fastest ever!
Today I spent making a beer dessert and juggling jobs, grocery shopping, and attempting to create some semblance of order in my house. (I was hardly home all weekend. Why was my house trashed? Oh, right, kids.) Now, onto the good stuff: race pictures.
Pictures so awful you have to love them (I was actually surprised to find as many as I did, since I don’t buy bad pictures…)
1. No, I don’t really want to be here. Yes, I feel as bad as I look.
2. Yes, I am covered in leaves and it’s 90+ degrees and I haven’t slept in 24 hours.
3. Right now, I’m just trying really hard not to puke. But thanks for the flower.
4. My running form sucks and apparently I need to poop, but I did just chick both of you…
6. Let’s just pretend that my skirt isn’t falling down and that the shorties aren’t all up in my crotch, while the photographer takes a picture from below. (Not a Skirt Sports skirt, by the way.)
7. No, I don’t want to run another lap, but give me the damned rubber band.
8. This is the last time I eat chocolate gu at a race…
And the amazing pictures that make up for the others…
1. Did I hear the word BEER???
2. Yes, I am happy to see you…
3. Yes, I can run a sub-10 mile and look happy doing it.
4. A picture so good even the Marines liked it…
5. Excuse me while I go all fangirl on Bart Yasso (also my favorite race picture EVER.)
Show us your best and worst pictures! I’d love to know I’m not the only one who looks like they are dying during a race.
[inlinkz_linkup id=778396 mode=1]