This week has been weird. The kids had off Friday and Monday (Shoo had Thursday off as well) and my parents were here for the weekend. These are good things, but it still threw me off. Yesterday I took my parents to the airport, went grocery shopping, and attempted to get caught back up at work. And today has been just crazy. Work, ride at Revolve, work some more, pick up one kid, work some more, blog, pick up other kid… Still have homework time, cello lesson, and dinner prep to get through (and probably some more work.)
Since I seem unable to focus, here are some random thoughts from my day:
- I just got a box of product from Designer Whey as part of a sponsored campaign. I’ve fallen deeply in love with the Triple Chocolate Crunch protein bar. This is likely not a good thing.
- Nothing feels better than a shower when it’s been two days and 3 workouts since the last one.
- We rearranged Shoo’s room to create more play space. In the process, we put his dresser very near a set of shelves. I have now bumped my head every.single.time I’ve put laundry away. I think the solution is to make him put his own laundry away. I could also take the shelf down. The most likely solution: I’ll just keep hitting my head…
- 2 weeks later, my jaw is almost back to normal and the lump on my chin is much diminished, but my ear canal still aches some. Apparently pushing your jaw up into your ear is a bad move.
- There’s a new slogan running around Facebook right now: “I run better than the government”. I get the point, but I would much prefer “I run better than Congress”. The government comment seems a bit insensitive with so many government employees currently furloughed. But perhaps it’s just a touchy subject for me right now.
- I did a ride at Revolve again today. I may not be able to life my arms tomorrow. These combo classes are killer!
- Yesterday, I turned around and noticed Shoo standing in the corner of my dining room – on my chair rail! How do people survive raising boys?
- I’ve convinced my dad to run two more half marathons with me. I’m sneaky like that. Hoping my training gets me to a point where I can actually finish WITH him some time.
- I just got these pretties in the mail. Funny how something that simple can improve my mood.
- I’ve been in “eat all the things” mode for the last few days. It started from being hungry after the race (I barely ate anything before and during) and has morphed into stress eating. Since my stress eating takes the form of constant snacking, I’ve been trying to eat small healthy meals to the extent that I can manage. (Admittedly, there have been a few handfuls of chocolate chips and the occasional granola bar thrown in.)
Which leads me to WIAW…
Sadly, I have no exciting Halloween snacks for you. I’m doing good to manage normal snacks right now.
Breakfast: Applesauce Cinnamon bread. I love this stuff and I’ve started throwing in extra whey protein powder to try and add some protein to the diet of my nut-allergic, minimal meat eating child.
Breakfast #2: Designer Whey protein bar
I was STARVING after my Revolve class and needed to get on a phone conference. This hit the spot.
Lunch #1: Beef and vegetable soup
I love soup weather!
Lunch #2 (what, you thought I was kidding about eating all day long?): brussels sprouts with ham and bleu cheese.
Beer Geek hates the smell of brussels sprouts. He hates it even more when I add bleu cheese. So, I wait until a day when he isn’t working from home to make them. It’s kind of like sneaking candy behind his back. Except it’s not.
Dinner: Pulled pork, kohlrabi, and sweet potato “chips”
Do you have foods you only eat when you are by yourself? Are they healthy foods or secret treats?
Thanks to Jenn for hosting WIAW each week!
1 thought on “Random thoughts and WIAW”
I try to eat chocolate only by myself because then I don’t have to share.