TGIF. This has been a busy week and I’m tired. Thursday was my birthday and it was an ok day (not amazing, but acceptable), until the end of the day. Then I happened to notice that the bubbles from Shoo’s bubble bath were coming out of our basement toilet. I’m pretty sure that’s not a good sign. I’m hoping that when the plumber shows up it’s not a big clog, but I’m mentally prepared for it to be a big deal. Sigh.
So, let’s get on with some runfessions…
- I’ve been using Hansons Marathon Method to train for Marine Corps Marathon. In theory, at least. I haven’t hit a full week of training in over a month. And speed work? I don’t even know what that is anymore.
- On Sunday, I finished my goal of 23 half marathons in 23 states in fewer than 365 days. You know what my overall feeling was about that? Relief that it was over. I feel like I’m an imposter Fanatic because I actually get tired of racing. Most fanatics seem to be constantly on the search for the next race…
- I set a goal of 1200 miles this year. I may make it, but my mileage is all.over.the.place. One month I’ll run 150+ miles. The next I’ll run 40. Last month I ran just over my goal for 100 miles and I will be close again this month, but I did 26.2 of those in one weekend. I need to get back to more consistent mileage – even if it’s a bit lower than in past years. This all over the place is not smart training.
- For my birthday, I went on a bit of a shopping spree at Skirt Sports. I’m totally in love with the new patterns, so I couldn’t resist getting some new fall things. Thank you to Beer Geek for his generous gift LOL.
- Here’s the big runfession of the day… I’m probably going to sell my Marine Corps Marathon bib. I’m just not feeling it this year. I’ve given myself a week to get back on track with my training. I’m still in a place where I can manage it. Running two half marathons last weekend makes it possible + I have 9 weeks left to train. I just need to see if I can find my “want to”. It’s not fun to train for a marathon when running is a “have to.”
If I drop MCM, all I have left this fall is Ragnar DC and the Great Chocolate Race. It feels weird to not be racing, but I think it’s time to give my body and my wallet a break. So, if you are running Ragnar DC, look for Mad Fox 12 Pack. We will leave no beer behind. ;o)