About a week ago, a box arrived at my doorstep. Inside, were 5 lovely pairs of Ryder sunglasses.* I was beyond excited to receive some pairs to giveaway and two pairs for me to review.
- I ran 6 x half mile intervals today – 4:17, 4:16, 4:15, 4:08, 4:00, 4:13. It’s amazing what a difference 17 seconds make. The first three were quite manageable. The fourth one felt hard. The fifth one left me gasping at the side of the road, trying not to pass out. The last one was hard, but I didn’t feel like I was dying. Probably didn’t help that the fifth one had a tenth of a mile uphill at the end. I ended up with a total 6.3 miles in 59 minutes.
- I’m still trying to keep up with Amanda’s 3 changes challenge.
- Water = success
- No snacking = pretty darn good. In fact, I lost a pound last week, even with weighing in the morning after Mexican food and two margaritas.
- Non computer/non running fun – moderately successful. I’ve read part of Julie and Julia, read an entire trash novel, gone for coffee with friends, and reorganized my dresser. What? Yes, reorganizing my dresser is fun. It was one of those things that really needed to happen, but I just never made my wants a priority. Now I can get to my running clothes without pulling a storage box out from under my bed. This? Makes me very happy.
- In non-running news, we found out today that Jones’ First Communion will be the same day as the quarter marathon I’m running. Now, someone with their priorities straight might not run, but I can’t bear to miss out on the bling that you get if you run a certain set of races. Luckily, the race is at 8 and the service isn’t till 11, so I’ll just have to PR and then run home for a shower as fast as I can. ;o)
- I’ve signed up to volunteer again. I’ll be helping load buses in Arlington for the GW Parkway Classic 10 miler. My non-morning person self will be out there at 5:30 am. What WAS I thinking?
- (Guys stop reading now) I purposely chose a marathon that would hit in the middle of my cycle. Unfortunately, my body has been wacky this spring and guess what? Yep, I’ll be dealing with girly issues during my marathon. This happened last time too. File that under “things that suck”. I’m not running another marathon until menopause LOL.