Wear the race shirt that is…
Today on Tuesdays on the Run, we are discussing that hugely controversial topic:
Should you run a race in the shirt you get at a race?
I know, we take on the serious topics around here.
Personally, I don’t care what other runners do. If you want to wear the race shirt, knock yourself out.
But, I’ve already confessed to not liking race shirts. I made some into a quilt and I give Jones the cotton ones to wear, but I still have a huge stack of brand new race technical shirts. So, maybe you should take my not wearing race shirts with a grain of salt.
- Many race shirts are cotton. No, just no. Don’t race in cotton.
- Even if it’s a tech tee and it’s a brand I’ve worn before, it could still chafe. OK, I admit, I’ve occasionally run a race in a new shirt. I’ve also screamed in the shower afterwards. I’m just not going to go there.
- I’ve become a “matchy matchy” runner – I plan my outfits and usually the shirt does not go with my planned skirt. God forbid I make a change to accommodate it. ;o)
- Most race shirts don’t look good on me. Hello, unisex? That’s just manufacturer speak for “gonna look like crap on anyone with curves”. Just sayin’
- My preferred top is a colorful tank. I have never run a race that gave out a tank top. I just might make an exception for that… nah, it still might chafe.
Do you wear the race shirt to race in? If you do, I’d love to hear your reasons!