Thank you to Skirt Sports for the opportunity to test the Electric Dress. Post contains affiliate links.
The Skirts Sports Electric Dress (affiliate link) is one of the newest additions to the Skirt Sports line of products. They’ve made dresses in the past, but I’ve never tried one before, so I was happy to get the chance to try this one out. I had hope to wear this to run the 17.75 race this past weekend (race report soon), but it was too cold and possibly rainy, so I didn’t. I have 10 more half marathons this spring (GAH!), so I expect I’ll have plenty of opportunities to do so. So far, I’ve run a few short runs in it and it has performed great!
Things I love about the Electric Dress:
- It’s adorable! My Electric Dress is the Emerald City pattern and it’s so cute on. I would definitely wear it when I’m not running as well. (And actually tried to wear it to the White House, but the delivery came late. Boo.)
- I love the cleavage alley – I ran with my ID, a credit card, some cash, and my KEYS stuck in there. I didn’t notice them at all. No movement, no sagging of the dress, nothing fell out. It was perfect. (In fact, I’m now going to buy a couple of the Electric Tanks as well because I love cleavage alley so much.)
- The Electric Dress stayed perfectly in place when I ran in it. I wore the Redemption Shorties under it when I ran and I was worried that the skirt might ride up from the friction. Nope. Everything stayed where it was supposed to be. It also looks really cute with the Redemption Knicks when you want a little more coverage or warmth.
- The straps. I love that there’s a bit more coverage than the Vixen Tank in the front, but cute straps in the back.
- No chafing anywhere. Not around the neck or the arm holes and the entire rest of the Electric Dress just skims along my body.
The only thing that wasn’t perfect:
- The chest support in relation to the sizing of the dress. What do I mean? I wear a small in most Skirt Sports bottoms, but I chose a medium in the Electric Dress to make sure it wasn’t tight over my hips. This was definitely the right choice as the dress skims perfectly along my body. Unfortunately, while the dress looks awesome and has plenty of support to wear for casual wear and lower impact exercise, I felt a like it was a touch too loose on top when I ran. I actually ran several runs without extra support and it was fine, I’d just like to feel a little bit more supported. I’m solving that problem by getting an Everyday bra to wear under it.
In the end, I LOVE the Electric Dress and I definitely recommend it both as a casual dress and as a running dress, but if you are super pear shaped like I am (trying to keep a positive wording about my body LOL), then I’d recommend planning to wear another bra if you want to run in it. So cute, so comfy. So perfect to wear straight from your race to brunch afterwards. Just sayin’. (And if you want to buy your own Electric Dress, be sure to use my code – MCM20 – for a 20% off discount!)
Disclaimer: I am a Skirt Sports Ambassador and received the Electric Dress because of my relationship with them. All opinions are my own.
18 thoughts on “Skirt Sports Electric Dress Review”
Ahhhhhh you know me.
I want. My daughter wants. Lots of want!!
I LOVE the dress, but I don’t know if I’d run in it. I have a few dresses like this and I really like wearing them out and about. Great review.
It looks great on you! I’m super hesitant to buy the dress because of the chest support that you mentioned! I think I might purchase two sizes to figure out which fit I like best.
Cleavage alley! CUTE! You look lovely in this dress and with the capris underneath it is a real town look too. Very nice. Glad you got to try it out and show it off!
What a cute dress! I’ve never run in a skirt, let alone a dress, and would be super worried about the sizing and having enough support up top since I’m well endowed.
OK I’m SO not a dress kind of girl, but that is adorable. I could totally see you going straight for a run then out to happy hour in that!
This is so cute!! I would have never thought to run in a dress, but you make it look good!
You look great in the dress. I am pear-shaped too.
But I think I will stick to skirts for running.
I ordered one of their dresses. I can’t wait to get it in!
How cute and functional for running as well as casual wear! I’d say that is a keeper for sure! You look great in it Erika!
Totally adorable,but I’d probably just wear as a non-running outfit. The straps are so cute (front & back)!
I didn’t know there were running dresses. I really like it! I could see me wearing it out when we’re going hiking or doing something outdoors, or on vacation. Might be perfect for a theme park, too!
I am excited to try it out! i will definitely need a bra underneath though 🙂
uhm, this is REALLY cute. I’ve never had an activewear dress before but I’m thinking it would be a nice addition to my collection!
It almost looks too nice to run in. I reckon you could wear that out and no one would know it was activewear (minus the thights).
Very cute. I have seen a couple of women wearing dresses out and about in races, but this one is way nicer looking!
Cracking up at “cleavage alley”!
Really cute dress!! Love the colors and I would totally wear this out and about!
Love the cleavage alley! You always need a secure sport to store your stuff 🙂
Love the colors of this dress! I’ve always thought that I’d love to wear a cute dress like tennis players do lol