10. I got very little sleep last night – I went to bed around one and Shoo woke me up twice and then I was up for the day at 6:30
9. My butt was super sore – yesterday’s mommy and me exercise class kicked my butt, literally. I could barely walk this morning.
8. My hip flexor was still acting up
7. I can’t find my running tights – last I saw, they were drying in the basement. Shoo probably hid them somewhere, sigh.
6. I just really wasn’t in the mood to run.
5. One of my toe’s had a huge blister – said blister has now been rubbed raw.
4. I’m feeling pressured to finish the 1000 miles and it’s making me resent running (even though I’m the one putting on the pressure, d’oh)
3. The two miles I made myself do a tenth of a mile at a time to keep from stopping.
2. Hills are killing my hip and it’s really hilly around here.
And the number 1 reason? Did I mention I just did not want to run? Apparently I had a case of Jess’ Common Crap.
I did get out there though and much to my surprise, I ran 8 miles at a 9:58 pace. I had gatorade with me today and that made a huge difference. Plus, the instructor for my Monday class gave me a couple of stretches to do for my hip. I did them before the run and, while I got the occasional twinge on an uphill, I wasn’t in any pain during the run. I also did them after the run and so far, I feel fine. We’ll see how I feel tomorrow morning. Less than 75 more miles to go to complete my 1000 for the year. That’s only about 2.6 miles a day. I can do that. C’mon Viper, I’ll be waiting for you at the “finish line” with a whole lineup of winter beers.
Speaking of beers, today’s haul includes Anchor Christmas, Golden Carolus winter beer, Bell’s Christmas, and Southern Tier’s Old Man Winter (I think I may have 10 different winter beers hanging out in the basement now). I also picked up a few presents for the boys, ordered a few more online, and started our annual calendar (the reason I was up so late last night). I’m still in to do list hell, but at least I’m making progress.