Intelligent Labs compensated me for this post, but all opinions are my own.
I’m one of those people who very seldom takes a supplement of any sort. Not so much because I don’t think I need them, but because I forget to take them. I need to be taking B12 because my number are low, so I’ve been working on making taking the B12 a habit. When Intelligent Labs reached out to me to try their products, I figured it was a good time to be adding some other supplements to my healthy habits.
Intelligent Labs sent me two of their supplements to try out: Ultra Pure Omega3 and Probiotics and Prebiotics. I’ve never taken Omegas before, but I’m a huge fan of Probiotics. I know that when I take probiotics regularly, my extremely sensitive digestive system settles down. This is particularly true if I’ve taken any antibiotics and there are studies that back that. So, I was totally on board with trying their brand.
Omega3’s are a healthy fat that comes primarily from fish and can help with triglyceride levels, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, and asthma. It also helps with brain health and some studies I read indicated it can help with muscle soreness and recovery. Sounds like something that every athlete can use! Some believe it’s better to get them directly from fish, but I know I don’t eat enough fish to really provide what I need. So, both of these sound like great additions to my “health plan”, if I actually remember to take them.
Obviously there are plenty of options on the market, but here are some of the things that set Intelligent Labs apart from the rest:
Intelligent Labs Omega 3
- The Fish Oil comes from an IFFO and GOED registered facility, and is molecularly distilled. This removes any contaminants including heavy metals, Dioxins and PCB’s for complete purity.
- Omega 3 is sustainably sourced from a “Friends of the Sea” certified supplier. Intelligent Labs uses wild caught Mackerel, Anchovy and Sardine from the Antarctic. There are no artificial additives.
- Each capsule contains 3000mg of triglyceride fish oil containing 1224mg of EPA and 816mg of DHA per serving.
- These supplements are made in the USA.
- Every supplement is 3rd party tested to confirm its purity.
Probiotics and Prebiotics
- Each Probiotic pill / capsule contains a minimum of 50 Billion CFU.
- Each Probiotic pill / capsule contains 10 patented probiotic strains shown to be the most effective available.
- Each capsule also contains the prebiotics Sunfiber® & FOS. Prebiotics are non-digestible fibres that act as food for probiotics. These prebiotics are essential to ensure the probiotics successfully reproduce in the gut.
- Non GMO, Soy, Wheat, Dairy, Egg and Animal free.
I’ve only been taking these for a few weeks, so I haven’t seen any huge changes in my body. I have noticed some subtle improvements. I’ve had fewer digestive issues, which is pretty amazing because we just came out of the holiday free for all! I also ran the entire Runners World Running Streak (plus a couple of weeks) with no issues.
Obviously, I can only surmise that they are helping and I’m a sample size of one, so take it with a grain of salt. I haven’t seen any negative side effects, so I’ll be continuing to take them (as long as I actually remember LOL). The only negative I’ve found is that the Omega3’s are pretty big. If you have difficulty swallowing pills, these might not be for you. On the bright side though, Intelligent Labs has a 100% money back guarantee so if they don’t work for you, you can return them. Overall, my experience has been positive with these supplements.
Intelligent Labs compensated me and sent me the supplements to try. All opinions are my own and you should do your own research and talk to your doctor before using supplements.
6 thoughts on “Upping my supplement game with Intelligent Labs”
I have never tried probiotics, but do take a daily multi-vitamin, calcium supplement, Glucosamine Chondroitin, and Turmeric Curcumin (say all that three times fast!). I have thought about adding fish oil…..on the fence with that…
I tried to take fish oil supplements a while back but they were huge! I do take a multi vitamin and try to get as many vitamins in through my diet as I can.
I feel like as I age (because who isn’t aging?) the single most important thing I’ve done for myself supplement wise is Omega-3. I feel SO much better when I take it.
Can we talk Omega-3s? My rheumatologist has me taking a gaggingly high amount. In fact, I’m still working my way up to the goal of 2400mg per day of EPA/DHA. Ugh. I wish there was a better way to get it all in.
Probiotics are great for your gut, I should def be taking them regularly. These look like a great brand, I will have to check them out.
I don’t use a lot of supplements, but I just started training for my Ironman. I may have to give these a try!!