I recently got my Bia Sport watch in the mail. I was so excited to FINALLY receive it. I immediately plugged in the Go Stick and charged it so I could wear it to my race last weekend. Unfortunately, I was one of the “lucky” ones and it wouldn’t connect to GPS. (Sidenote: Bia’s customer service person is AWESOME and she worked on it all day Saturday and we had it working by mid-day on Sunday. GPS connects about as quickly as my Garmin now.)
Anyways, here are my preliminary observations from two short runs, including today’s run where I wore both the Garmin and the Bia.
- Accuracy: The Garmin and the Bia were only .03 apart, so I’m going to say the accuracy is good.
- Comfort of the watch band: I have really small wrists and wear the small band on the Garmin on the second hole. It slides around a lot when I get sweaty. The Bia is infinitely adjustable, so I was able to get it comfortably snug and didn’t really notice it the whole run.
- Comfort of the watch face: I like both the Garmin and the bia. The bia is definitely lighter.
- Visibility of the watch face: I prefer the Garmin because the numbers are bigger, but the bia is fine.
- Usability: I like that I’ve been able to customize my Garmin screen, but I know the bia is new and still improving (and I do love that it can be constantly updated without buying new).
So, all of the above things considered, I think the bia is a good option.
Here’s where the jury is still out for me: the Go Stick.
It’s bigger than I expected. It’s not huge, but it is longer than I thought it would be and it’s a bit heavy. So far, I’m still working to find a place to wear it. The first time I clipped it on pair of loose shorts and ended up with irritated skin. At the company’s suggestion, I tried again with a skirt with spandex shorts.
Here’s what my side looked like after 3 miles:
Thankfully, here are lots of other options (hat, water bottle holder, pocket) that don’t involve having it against my skin, so I’m not giving up yet. Next up is trying it in the side pocket of my running skirt.
I’ll be wearing both the bia and the Garmin in my half marathon this weekend (geek, much?) I’ll have an updated report on it next week.
Do you have a bia? Where are you wearing the Go Stick? What do you think of it so far?
Disclaimer: I helped fund bia through the Kickstarter. All opinions are my own.